Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

nph-verify.cgi - Attempting Repairs

Quote Reply
nph-verify.cgi - Attempting Repairs
Hi There,
Updated Message:
Hey, I got it fixed. The problem was the surrounding ()

So I changed the query to:
update Links set URL = concat(URL ,'/') where Status = 302

Works fine now!

Original Message:

I'm trying to attempt some repairs using the repair function under Status, however, it doesn't work properly.

I tried running SQL command from the command line and

This is the query:
update Links set (URL = concat(URL ,'/')) where Status = 302

this is the result:

Query Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(URL = concat(URL ,'/'))
where Status = 302' at line 1.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix. I checked the forum but there wasn't anything on this in particular.

Thanks,
Kyle

Also, and this is a side note about the structure of the databases. I've discovered in trying to do a site wide implementation of the User modify mod that the Editor field "Status" will conflict with the Links field "Status". when viewing detail pages through page.cgi. It prevented me from doing a full implementation of the user modify mod, so I changed the field in Editors table to Userstatus, and made the appropriate mods in admin.cgi. and editor.cgi and now it works great.

Anyway, I'm just mentioning this as something to keep in mind as you continue to develop Links SQL.

[This message has been edited by klangan (edited May 03, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: nph-verify.cgi - Attempting Repairs In reply to
I would have thought it was the surrounding (), since I have problems with MySQL getting those, but try surrounding the 302 as '302'