Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

mylinks.cgi

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: mylinks.cgi In reply to
Oh right....well it is now available.

I have posted the URL in a thread in the Links2 Unix Installation forum.

The script is an updated version and should hopefully make installing Links2 a little easier.

I am currently working on getting the script to open all cgi files and replace the path to perl with the correct path (which is determined automatically rather than the user inputting the path).

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
paul.. i made that script awhile back.. i edited all the files and then put it in a tar file and then let the user download it..

the files made to download are deleted every time it gets over 30 minutes old..

i don't think there is a way to make zip files.. because winzip or whoever licensed the rights to it and we don't have a perl module/function/ unix command to do it

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
Im not sure which post you are referring to here...or are you just giving me advice?

But anyway....the script only configures links.cfg and doesnt edit any of the other files.

However with the code you supplied me with in the perl forum,I am going to update the script so that when someone runs it on their server, it will look for all the cgi files and change the path to perl to the correct one.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
oh.. i was refering to a installation script i made when i used links 2 that let the person download links 2 customized to themselves and not all defaulted out like the links2 to download on the gossamer page..

i also have a script to install review.cgi from a remote server.. ie: you give it your ftp server, username, password.. and path to links.cfg.. and it will figure out where to install everything based on the paths defined in links.cfg..

but that wasn't very successful.. the people i asked to test the script out thought it was one of those programs that saves your ftp information for me to look at later :)

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
if anyone here is ever really bored.. try my latest java assignment out :)

keyboard events.. (use your number pad to play.. umm.. make sure numlock is off)

http://www.jerry07.com/...&w=320&h=320

hehe if you ever get to level 15.. the program will die.. cause umm.. at level 15 i increased the moles array to 6.. and the max length of the moles array is 5.. and i don't know how to change that.. :)

i'm still too new at this.. but i like it better than perl.. because you actually draw stuff.. and it graphical and it responds to mouse and key events.. its funner..

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
the people i asked to test the script out thought it was one of those programs that saves your ftp information for me to look at later :)
lol

....woooooo....Im excited...my 1GHZ Athlon comes on Tuesday...and Im getting a new phone line with it :)

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Hi Jerry,

That looks pretty neat!
Where have you been learning JAVA at, because I'm very interested!

Thanks.

Robert Blackstone
Webmaster of Scato Search
http://www.scato.com
Quote Reply
i'm currently learning java at school.. (high school).. my school is one of the few that has this course.. it just came out this year.. it's probably because i live in the heart of silicon valley and everyone here becomes an engineer of some sort..

it's not really easy to learn on your own.. there aren't alot of good tutorials on the internet.. only a bunch of Hello World! type tutorials.. you can download examples and figure out things yourself.. but that'll take awhile.. its best you start by downloading the java virtual machine (jdk1.3) at java.sun.com..

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
hehe

http://www.jsu07.com/...&w=800&h=500

looks like an atari game from a long time ago? :)

umm.. yes.. i was bored and wanted to do something.. and this turned out to be feasible.. ooooo.. hmm.. anyways.. pugdog... what was it you wanted awhile back? i might be able to do it now.. :)

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
Very cool jerry :)

What I needed was a way to move some outlines (ovals, rectangles, etc) over a base image, in scale.

Such that if the base image was 500x400 pixels, in a resolution of 100, each 100 pixels would be 1 inch. If I had some 24x33 mm ovals (for example) I'd like to be able to move them, and rotate them over the base image.

All resolutions can be in MM, it's fine.

What this is, is for jewelry making, getting the maximum use out of the base material, and "visualizing" the base material in final shapes. Basically measure several times, cut once.

This would generalize to photography cropping, where an image could be sized/cropped. for stock agencies and clip-art services that would be a neat tool.

If it was possible to move multiple shapes over the image, either so two intersecting shapes give a combination shape, or so that the number of "cuts" in each material could be seen.

My materials are mostly 7x7 inches or smaller.

Part of this would be to take two cuts of the material and see if you could get matching shapes out of them. Doing this in the same, or in two browser windows would be awesome --

You asked :) <G>

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Hi,

I wish my high school offered JAVA, yet alone PERL or any other computer based class besides keyboarding.

I guess I'll go for the java virtual machine and dig in.

Thanks.

Robert Blackstone
Webmaster of Scato Search
http://www.scato.com
> >