jump.cgi and click from the web sites
Hello,

I want a script as jump.cgi but I want that count the click
from the links in my directory, and webmasters can add a
links from his website to my directory.

Where I find that ?

Quote Reply
Re: jump.cgi and click from the web sites In reply to
I think I understand what you are saying...I would recommend COPYing the jump.cgi and call it something like inhits.cgi and then let Webmasters use that script to link to their sites on their web sites.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I use jump.cgi to count "hits" as well as "site visits." But, it means adding a field to the Links record, and sort of bypassing the build_update table.

A "hit" is a view on the detailed page, or from within the site. A "site visit" is a jump from our site to the other site. (Sort of an indication of how many people like the description enough to take a look.).

To do what I think is being asked, you'd want something like the above, except instead of counting the above two types of local links, you'd want to have it count hits _in_ to the site.

In effect, you'd add a field to the Link record for the linking site, call it "refferals". Then, you'd use a modified jump.cgi (and lord knows I've posted enough versions of that file! <G>) as the link in to your site. A webmaster would have his link be

http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/links/modified_jump.cgi?ID="ID of the referring
site".

If you use a modified jump.cgi, you'll not count duplicate hits in whatever time frame your program is set for, and you'll just re-direct people to th '/' page of your own site rather than page within your site.

This will record the referrals for that link, and bring people into your site at the same time.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Yes !! my english is bad ;-)
And thinks pudog, i will test...