Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

duplicate check error

Quote Reply
duplicate check error
I was just adding links and went to check for duplicates when I received this error:

Software error:

Execute failed: The table 'SQL112f4be_0' is full at admin.cgi line 393.

Any ideas what this means? I've never had a problem checking duplicates before, and the other admin functions seem to still work fine. I have 7,300 links in the database, if that's relevant.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote Reply
Re: duplicate check error In reply to
Dan,

I just posted the fix a few days ago... check for "bigtables" or "Big_tables" or even "big tables" ... I'm not sure which.

Fortunately I had just (last week) made the fix to one of my sites, or I wouldn't have been able to find the answer! It's not in the forum (just pointers to the resource center link).

The file is missing in the Resource area, I need to remember to let Alex know, since the DBSQL.pm FAQ is missing also (but that might be because it's being upgraded in the next release).

Quote Reply
Ah yes, thanks. I must be going senile -- I just read that thread two days ago! I don't know if that counts as long-term or short-term memory (isn't short-term only the last seven items?), but some fuse must be blown...

Does this only affect the duplicate check? I would think something like a keyword search would be much more "big table" intensive?

Thanks again; I'll try your fix and hopefully not have to let you know I had any problems. Smile Do you know if this is planned as a fix in the upcoming version?

Dan

p.s. The other thread is at:
http://gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

Quote Reply
Hmm, that didn't work. I just noticed that my error was slightly different than the one in the other thread. Mine was:

table 'SQL112f4be_0'

The original was:

table 'SQLfbc5c_0'

and making the change you recommended, my new error is:

table 'SQL12043d1_0'

In both cases, my error points to line 393 in admin.cgi, which I assume is the same line as gkep's line 394. That line is:

$sth->execute or die "Execute failed: $DBI::errstr";

It seems odd that a database of 7,300 links and a fairly standard number of fields could be considered a Big Table.

Dan

Quote Reply
The reason is my playing around... I think.

in that subroutine... change the top of it to be:

Code:
sub check_duplicates {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# This routine searches through the database and pulls up sets
# of links that have identical URL's.
#
my ($in, $db) = @_;
my ($query, $sth, $doubles, %doubles, $url, $hits);
my $offset = $in->param('offset') || 0;
$db->do (qq! SET OPTION SQL_BIG_TABLES = 1 !); ### needed for big tables.
That should work. I knew there were two or three places I tried that line,
and when I could only find one refrence to it, I thought that was it. I
checked again, and the _REAL_ place to make the change is here :)

Quote Reply
Thanks! That did the trick. I didn't notice at first that you were referring to admin.cgi and not Admin_HTML.pm the second time, although you mentioned it in the other thread, and the sub names were just close enough to throw me off...

As far as the different errors, I realized that it gave a slightly different table error with each duplicate check.

Thanks again,
Dan