Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
cgi error
Hello,
I just finished installing links sql 2.0 beta and everything seems to work except two things.

1. When I build the pages, I get an internal server error, the log files state:
[Sun Dec 17 15:08:25 2000] [warn] [client 216.244.25.229] handler "cgi-wrapper" not found for: /home/sites/site21/web/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi
[Sun Dec 17 15:08:26 2000] [error] [client 216.244.25.229] malformed header from script. Bad header=HTTP/1.1 200 OK: /usr/cgiwrap/cgiwrap

I ftp into the server, and the pages are indeed built, so why the error message.

2. I added about 7 or 8 subcategories to the home category, as I was adding them everything worked fine, I could see the sub categories appear on the left side of my screen in the tree. I went away tried to build, got an error thought, okay I need to add a link first. So I ended up going back to browser and now all I can see is the home category, no plus sign next to it, no sub categories nothing. I think okay, I've wiped them out, so I type in the first category name again, and submit it, and get an error stating that the category already exists. Yet I can't see it.

This is on a cobalt raq3i server with cgi-wrap, can anyone tell me what in tarnation is going on.

Thanks much,
Harrison

"I've got if's pretty good, but that's about it"
Quote Reply
Re: cgi error In reply to
Okay it has to do with cgi-wrap.
For those others that need to know how to fix this, you must create an .htaccess file in the directory where you want to turn off cgi-wrap and put the following into it:
Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .pl

That will turn off cgi-wrap for that directory. We put it to our admin directory and now the build options works great.

Think that concerns me here now is what happens when a user decides to use this same method to turn off cgi-wrap on his own stuff. Hmmmm security problem???

Thanks,
Harrison

Quote Reply
Actually all is not well in goo goo land.

I deleted the directories that got properly built earlier event though I was seeing a an internal server error.

Now I went to rebuild them through the web and get an error message something to the effect of can't make directory, permission denied. (we tried using 0666 and 0644 for the build options both failed.

I went through telnet, and it builds just dandy, so Im not sure what's going on, but have a suspsison that Links SQL really isn't compatible with cobalt raq servers in which case we need a solution or a refund since we're not moving servers again to accomodate links, now that were happily planted on the new raq.

Can anyone help with this, It's quite frustrating.

Thanks,
Harrison

Quote Reply
I'm not ignoring you, but I don't use cgi-wrap, and have no experience with that. You'll need to find someone who does. Maybe your ISP can shed some insight on to why it's not working.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Thanks, I dont have an ISP, it's my own server this time around, so Im on my own here.