Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

cannot import links

Quote Reply
cannot import links
hi,
I cannot import links from Links 2.0 to SQL!
if i start import.pl there is en error, like:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

afterwards are taken over only any links!

with telnet and the Import.pl only one section the on the links of is taken over.
In the telnet it has very many error messages:

Error: Add_Date (Invalid Format)
Mod_Date (Invalid Format)

What can I make? I lose so half of the entries!

urs

[This message has been edited by urs (edited December 19, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: cannot import links In reply to
Make sure all your paths in Links.pm are set properly.

Also, make sure you uploaded all the required files to the proper places, and that the permissions are all set.

Then, check the error.log file to see what the error is. That will give you a better idea of what is happening.

Code:
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That means your server itself is misconfigured, and there is no error handler defined -- or the defined error handler is missing. Check your httpd.conf file or read your ISP's docs as to where to put an error document. Some virtual hosts require you to put a 404.html or notfound.html file in the root directory.

(BTW ... since there is a document configuration error, you can't really believe all the error messages as being 'internal' rather than an external error triggering an internal one because the error docs are not configured right ... it could be almost anything).

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited December 19, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: cannot import links In reply to
Import.pl is not a cgi script, and can't be run from the web (which is why you are getting 500 server errors).

Quote:
Add_Date (Invalid Format)

This means the import.pl could not understand your date format. You are not using the standard Links 2.0 date format, so you'll need to edit the convert_date function in Import.pl to do the conversion. If you post what your dates look like, I'll show you what you need.

Cheers,

Alex