Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Validation routines : Suggestions

Quote Reply
Validation routines : Suggestions
Hello Alex!

While working > I had some ideas that i thought to bring it here.

- Default always checked. So that one does not have to go through everywhere and click. If everything seems to be OK, it would go further.

- Currently it has always given me an error after 12 rows. Then it does not import, may be. I imported 1024 out of 1500 rows. It gave twelve errors of header count match and then does NOT import. May be I am wrong.

- After import it creates an error display on the screen. It should also give a possibility to create a file in ASCII format like export-import for a later trouble shooting.

- Validation Mode selection.
- Mini view Validation, with URL, Title, description
- Midi view Validation with name + contact details.
- Full view Validation mode to show all.

This can help everyone tremendously not to generate unnecessary information in the admin. If a link is new, there is no reason to download all those information like Hits, etc that one may not want to see.

I would be more happy to see a page with 30 Links in a row in the mode of Validation I have choosen, all clicked and all in a row and in the manner they are sequenced in the defs numbers. I would simply have to see the description and the URL and validate if its OK. This would be a favorite feature of every user.

- Also a link can only be submitted if it does not give 404, etc error would be also an idea.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Re: Validation routines : Suggestions In reply to
Thanks for the suggestions! The next release has a "delete all before import" type feature that will help immensely. =)

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Validation routines : Suggestions In reply to
Hello Alex!

I am using 1.1b Smile!

This note is related to the editor.chi check-in box "Delete old data first". Thats where it gave problems every twelve errors and it does not import anymore.

I will consider importing by smaller fragments so that it remains within the "Crash after a dozen errors red light Wink!" limits.

Alex, I would be really really thankful if a small modification to Validation routine is done, if possible at all, may be even just the very basic, that it offers a mini Validation view. Currently its building a huge page everytime with lots and lots of information on a dial-up connection and this connection is very slow sometimes.

------------------
rajani