Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Two LinksSQL in a same server

Quote Reply
Two LinksSQL in a same server
I am rotating a LinksSSQL in a website that uses a server Linux/Intel.
he would like to know the links she will usually work in another domain in the same machine, or be I would have two different domains in the same server, and she would like to know LinksSQL she will usually work and each domain would have your own database.
He would like to also know the one where Links keeps the information of name of the database that he is using and user and password of the same, after me to type them in the setup.cgi.
It is that I tried to place the links with another domain and him she behaved badly... besides inserting data in the database gives another domain, and I had already passed the database information, user and password for the new domain.

I thank any help!
Quote Reply
Re: Two LinksSQL in a same server In reply to
I'm not sure what you are asking, admittedly it is the language barrier it seems.

It should be possible to run links on two different machines, with the SAME database, and the SAME site layout, but both site's statistics would be slightly different (since they would be built at different times -- even if only a few minutes apart) with different counts, and maybe even different cool pages if the race was close.

(I _can_ visualize custom ways around that, but let's not go there yet <G> )

All you would need to do is copy your /cgi-bin/Links directory to the new machine, change the paths in the Links.pm file, and everything _should_ run properly, since all the information will come out of, and go into, the same database, and you will just be writing the pages out on a new machine.

If you are asking about running two different domains, with two different databases, off the same copy of MySQL, the answer is yes, but you need to discuss the Licensing of LinkSQL with Alex, since I believe it's a one-site license.

I've got 9 distinct databases running off the MySQL server now, and it's managing the postcards, the links, the FAQ, a couple of beta sites, a beta forum, a beta shopping service, etc. The only limit on MySQL is your OS and Hardware.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/