Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Suggestion to Alex

Quote Reply
Suggestion to Alex
May you make at the resource-center a new Categorie with error-solutions from forum to the version 1.1?
Cause of the many modifications, im afraid of changing sometime to the next version, and it would be a good thing, to have all errors and solutions for every version on one place. So itīs maybe possible not to upgrade cause all errors can be fixed with this list. (For new functions the problem still stays, i know.)

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion to Alex In reply to
It's not down... there are router problems along the way. They were installing some new pathways to try to bypass that router.

The router is in the NY area, and blocks random traffic to us across core and ba nets. I've been complaining for months, and my ISP has been trying to re-route around this problem trunk -- last night was another attempt, so router tables were being updated and caused random delays while routes were being calculated... I'm actually kinda proud that my servers have been up for 62 days (ain't Unix great!) and the only reason it wasn't 137 days is that I rebooted to make sure it _was_ a router problem and not me Smile

In the past 7 months I've had about 11 minutes of downtime planned or unplanned.

Smile

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited December 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I'm trying to do that with the FAQ...

I've added a version number to each of the tips, and the searching is a bit more ordered, since I'm trying to use 'key' words in the links database, and link back to the forum here for the full text.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
Hi Pugdog, the postcard.com is down! Canīt get the faq.
BTW - try to learn doing cookies at mom; where the hell they would be stored;
find some in /win95/cookies , more in temporarly Internet files and under it; but there must be some more places; cause different servers know things about me, though i have killed all the cookies i found at named places.

Robert