Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Suggestion for Links

Quote Reply
Suggestion for Links
Hi

I was hoping that next time you do an update, you might consider offering a couple more options.... Ie; Sorting order of the Links. At the moment it's alphabetical, but it would be great if we could set high positioning for some sites if we wish.

Thanks
Amanda

Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Links In reply to
Edit the Links.pm file. You can change the sort order for several areas there. The only problem comes if you have a lot of alt-links.

The search.cgi returns links in score order. That can't be easily overridden.

Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Links In reply to
My personal wishes for the next links:

1. Mailing List: Melt info for newsletter like, daily, weekly, monthly and only choosen cats or all to user-table.
2. Cron-Job for Mailing daily, weekly, monthly.
3. Real search with:
a < x < b, a >= x >=b, a < x,
search for 5 hits 5xxx but not 2503
or search for 5 hits 5, 85, 256
4. User-Management: Logging in Links as registered user sends user to user.htm; as editor to editor.htm; as admin to
admin.htm as xyz to xyz.htm - so you could do member-based areas with more functions to a group outside links (I have solved this as a test with linkssql in intranet; only when you are inside (user-entree=a link) then you enter the start-page for users.
5. Melt info about user and entrees; so a user could manage his entress (think about a newspaper with 100 editors; everyone could modify or delete his own links, now my user must get an email first with all links he owns)
6. Adding links in more cats than one as normal user or registered user.
7. Delete-mod for user: delete entree 1,4,5 or 1 to 5.

Robert