Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Should I switch to Links SQL?

Quote Reply
Should I switch to Links SQL?
Hello everyone,

I currently have a site that uses Links 2.0 and many modifications have been implemented. I understand from posts in these forums that many of the modifications do not work on Links SQL. However, I have also heard that many of the modifications still work with Links SQL. Would it be possible for Alex or someone to post a list of the current modifications listed on Gossamer's site for Links 2.0 that would work with Links SQL or what changes need to be made to make them work?

I want to make the switch over to SQL but am scared that my sites features will disappear. Frown

------------------
James L. Murray
VirtueTech, Inc.
www.virtuetech.com

Quote Reply
Re: Should I switch to Links SQL? In reply to
Keep watching the board, I am going thru this right now, and am converting mods my self.
I have posted 2 mods conversions already today. Lwp Url Checker and 3 versions of a new graphic.
I have also done a mod conversion of the rating images, but havent posted it yet.
Quote Reply
Cool...

I have a 'report bad link' mod that uses standard templates.. I guess I should post that, huh?

I was waiting for the next Links version....
Quote Reply
Yeah...that would be cool. Smile

------------------
James L. Murray
VirtueTech, Inc.
www.virtuetech.com

Quote Reply
Geee...I was just looking at this script thats for v2.0 and said to myself, "darn, I wish there was an sql version"

Well thanks Pugdog!!
Quote Reply
you're welcome...

It's not complete, but it was a learning experience on using my own templates with LinkSQL.

Quote Reply
Thanks Digital Concepts,
I made the 2.0 lwp url checker mod, and i like that you put it in sql, but i'm gonna update soon with it being able to get the description, title, and keywords from a page, and i'm getting it to get the content_language string, so like Altavista, it can say the language, so you may want to update the conversion soon.