Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Search Results - More than one page problem

Quote Reply
Search Results - More than one page problem
I am using Links SQL for a Japanese language directory, and it is working great.

One problem, though, is for search results that go past one page. When you click on the link to go to page 2, it doesn't return any links or categories in the results for page 2.

I think this is because the links for the additional pages are specifying the search.cgi script, rather than the search-ni.cgi script.

In Links.pm I have it set up to use the search-ni.cgi script, but this doesn't seem to affect the additional page links on the search results page.

Does anyone know where I would change it so that the <%next%> tag on the search results page would also use the search-ni.cgi script rather than search.cgi?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-FM
Quote Reply
Re: Search Results - More than one page problem In reply to
Do you have a URL I can see? You might just want to rename the search-ni.cgi to search.cgi.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Thanks for the suggestion of renaming search-ni.cgi to search.cgi. I should have thought of that...

I don't know if your browser is Japanese capable, but here's a URL for the search results on the word "Spanish" in Japanese:

http://studyabroadlinks.com/cgi-local/japanese/search-ni.cgi?query=%83X%83y%83C%83%93&Submit.x=30&Submit.y=23

This returned 8 categories and 43 records. If you try to click on the page 2, you don't get the correct result because it uses search.cgi and not search-ni.cgi.

The link to page 2 that doesn't work looks like:

http://www.studyabroadlinks.com/cgi-local/japanese/search.cgi?query=%83X%83y%83C%83%93&Submit.x=30&Submit.y=23&nh=2

But, if you substitute 'search-ni.cgi' for search.cgi, on this page 2 link, it will work correctly.

Thanks very much for your help, and I'll try just renaming as you suggested.

--FM

Quote Reply
Alternatively, look in search-ni.cgi and change any occurrence of search.cgi to search-ni.cgi. (There are two or three in sub toolbar). That should do the trick too.

Cheers,

Alex