Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

how Editors session works?

Quote Reply
how Editors session works?
I've more than a question regarding how the Editor system works. Did someone write some documentation about this new feature?

I cannot figure what "validation" field is used for also, during tests on my local machine happens...

-----------------
USER EDIOR: lepo
PASS : lepo
VALIDATION: le
------------------
login successful...

Click here to enter your editor...

pressing this link it returns:

Oops, we had the following problem: Invalid session, please log in again.

hmmm,
really missed something.

Thank in advance to enyone can help me!!!

bye

lepo
Quote Reply
Re: how Editors session works? In reply to
The Validation field is if you want users to be validated by email address before letting them create an account. It relates to this option:

Quote:
# Require email validation before accepting user signups.
$LINKS{user_validation} = 1;

The problem you are having is unrelated. I have come across this before though, and it may depend on versions of CGI.pm. Can you edit user.cgi and change:

my $session_cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 's', -value => $session, -expires => '+3h' );
my $user_cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 'Username', -value => $user, -expires => '+1y' );

to:

my $session_cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 's', -value => $session, -expires => '+3h', -path => '/' );
my $user_cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 'Username', -value => $user, -expires => '+1y', -path => '/' );

I think Jerry had this problem as well. Basically CGI.pm set's the path to the actual script when not specified, so the cookie isn't set to maintain.cgi and it thinks you are not logged in. However, the behaviour seems to be different with different CGI.pm's. Ugh. =)

Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Sorry Alex, seems the problem is not solved. If can help I'm using pws on win98, with Activesate build 521 (5.005_03).

May be I can solve upgrading Perl, do I??

thanks in advance.

lepo
Quote Reply
First, make sure:

$LINKS{dynamic_preserve} = ['t', 'd', 's'];

is set as shown. Then when you login to user.cgi, on the success page, do all the links have &s=somesessionid attached to them?

Cheers,

Alex