Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Numbered Links.

Quote Reply
Numbered Links.
I know people have talked about this with Links 2 but what about Links SQL? Can we have numbered links like Altavista where the 1st page of links is 1 to 10 the 2nd page 11 to 20 and so on?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Numbered Links. In reply to
Yes...you will have to convert the Perl codes used in the Links 2.0 Mod to strict for Links SQL. And pugdog has already provided codes to do this in this forum awhile back.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
tip, if you mean my codes Anthro, then jeffb, i'd say to only change the search mod because i'm sure that one works, but i recieved complaints about my category one not working as good, and thats basically because its harder when categories are static. anyway, peace.

Quote Reply
Yes...I do mean your codes...but codes have already been provided pugdog to work with the search.cgi awhile back in this forum.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I just searched through around 100 of pugdog's posts and couldn't see the numbered link mod anywhere. I know that there was a mod before but the numbers were always 1 to 10 on every page and not 1-10 11-20 21-30 like they are on AltaVista.

I think this would be a great mod but can't find it anywhere.

Quote Reply
Read the following Thread and the replies that pugdog submitted:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=&vc=1#Post71605

You apply the same codes in the sub search routine in the
search.cgi file.

I guess you did enter correct criteria into the search engine!

Tongue

I used the following criteria:

Forum: Links SQL Discussion
Keywords: number links pugdog
Search options: And
Date Range: All posts
Number of Posts: 100

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
Thanks! You have been very helpful to me as a newcomer to this board and the LinksSQL software.

Off topic: How do you bold, quote and color words in your messages on this forum?

Thanks

Quote Reply
<sidebar>
You click on the FAQ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
</sidebar>

FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions

Wink

Regards,

Eliot