Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

DBMan SQL installation?

Quote Reply
DBMan SQL installation?
Are ther detailed instructions available somewhere for a new installation of DBMan (not previously using DBMan 2.0 or other versions?) - Posted here since this is the only SQL forum.

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen
Quote Reply
Re: DBMan SQL installation? In reply to
No....... I had asked Alex about it at one time, but that is a different product. We can answer SQL questions, as they relate to the various functions (I'm sure there are similarities in the programs code as well) but that's about all.

Quote Reply
Re: DBMan SQL installation? In reply to
Thanks for the feedback pugdog! Actually, I opted to just upload and give it a shot about two hours ago after having searched forever here in the forums (all of them!) for any details/instructions - finding none, of course!

I am impressed - Alex, even for myself (no experience with programming) the installation was a breeze using your default settings. I've been giving it a trial workout using mainly defaults in a test directory.

One BIG question though, I would like to use much of the DBManSQL functionality in combination with the LinksSQL functions . . . can someone guide me along or provide details in combining user/login functions for the two scripts? Would be a royal pain for users to have two different logins within the same site.

Thanks!

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited January 23, 2000).]