Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Problem Adding Stuff, Please help.

Quote Reply
Problem Adding Stuff, Please help.
Hi,

I get this error a lot, and to fix it I need to remove all links and redo all the tables, and then type in all the fields again and start again. Can some on please tell me how to fix this.

The error is...

Quote:
Content-type: text/html
Software error:
DBSQL (5096): Fatal Error: Unable to execute query: INSERT INTO Validate (ID, Title,URL,Add_Date,Mod_Date,CategoryID,Contact_Name,Contact_Email,isNew,isChanged,isPopular,ReceiveMail,Date_Checked,Mode,package,exactprice ,exactspace,exacttransfer,platform,orderurl,mysql,msql,popemails,forwardemails,autoresponders,twentyfoursupport,ftp,telnet,perl,canpaywithch eck,canpaywithcc,frontpage,yearlydiscount,php,subdomains,SSL,startupfee) VALUES (?, 'Tera-Byte ','http://www.tera-byte.com','2000-03-24','2000-03-24','2','Tera-Byte.','sales@tera-byte.com ','No','No','No','Yes','2000-03-24 22:57:49','Validate','FreeBSD','$8.25','99MB','20GB','Linux/Unix','https://ssl.tera-byte.com/order/','Yes','No','99','99','No','No','Yes','Y es','Yes','Yes','Yes','No','No','Yes','No','No','$0') . Reason: Unknown column 'package' in 'field list' at /usr/local/apache/vhosts/www.webhostarea.com/cgi-bin/hosts/add.cgi line 119
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@webhostarea.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

and it happens now when I try to add a link to the dir through add.cgi which isn't modified at all.

Thanks!

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Problem Adding Stuff, Please help. In reply to
Code:
Reason: Unknown column 'package' in 'field list' at /usr/local/apache/vhosts/www.webhostarea.com/cgi-bin/hosts/add.cgi

Check your table, make sure you have a column called "package" and not "Package" or something like that.

Also make sure your .def file has the right names in it, in the right order! Resync is the easiest thing to do, but you'll lose your weights, so you can CAREFULLY make sure the .def file matches the table columns exactly.

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited March 25, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thanks,

The resync worked. I don't know why it popped up for no reason though. I didn't realise till I stopped recieving submissions for a couple of weeks Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
Nah.... UPDATE Table SET SENDDATE=Today() where SENDDATE=''

<G>

They'll hang out another 30 days and be gone, demons from hades!

Quote Reply
I found a y2k bug last week no one noticed in my main postcards program. The date I was keeping track of to expire the cards was wrong - it was being entered as 100-nn-nn, and mysql in it's infinite wisdom didn't complain, it just entered a 0000-00-00.

Fortunately the send-later was always a y2k compliant date, but I missed one line and 3 months it's been entering data as 0000-00-00

<sigh>

Quote Reply
So long as you didn't have to manuelly change them all Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------