Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Next release..

Quote Reply
Next release..
I'm a couple days behind for the next release of Links SQL because I wanted to fix up a few things with making it work with two byte chars.

It will be out on Friday morning for sure. I'm also working on implementing a better distribution/notification system which hopefully will be in place by friday, but may have to wait till the next release.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Next release.. In reply to
Hello Alex!

I am most curious if your next release includes some modification to Multiple_Category mod! If it does, I would be very satisfied.

I beleive you know that I have purchased your Links SQL but am unable to use it because of it. Since months, since 23rd of June the day I had it in hand, I am trying to study this area of how I can use it. However I see that there is a big demand in every forum and unfortunately no support.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no support also from you. This has been truely dissatisfying and also no one else can or does support.

Most likely if I am not able to get this area of modification working, I also think it makes no sense to keep the liscense with me but give it up. One buys a product to have fun with it, or to make a business. In this case I am disappointed.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Re: Next release.. In reply to
Hi Rajani,

Quote:
I am most curious if your next release includes some modification to Multiple_Category mod!

No, I'm afraid it doesn't. The type of modifications (I think) you require are very specific to your application, and the table maintenace issues were a bigger priority.

Quote:
However I see that there is a big demand in every forum and unfortunately no support.

I would disagree. I receive two to three emails a day saying that one of the best things about our programs is the great community built around them. People answer hundreds of questions a day. If yours isn't one of them, perhaps you are asking the wrong question? Wink

Or perhaps you are referring to just Links SQL, and not every forum? Links SQL doesn't have nearly the same user base (and will never have) as Links 2.0. I do try and answer all unanswered questions in the Links SQL forum as I realize that there aren't as many people who can answer it.

Quote:
Unfortunately there is absolutely no support also from you.

I do provide free support to help you get started, but I can't provide free custom modifications to the program. I'm happy to provide guidance on how you should implement something, or where you should edit to make a change, but if you are not a programmer or it's beyond your skills, then you'll need some custom work. Please feel free to contact me and we can create a custom module for your needs.

If you have any questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Alex