Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Next Beta
Sorry about the long delay for the next beta. I will have a new beta out by end of business tommorrow regardless if I get all the features I want finished. =) (File uploads may not be 100% complete yet).

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Next Beta In reply to
doh.. i think i should stop trying to keep up Wink

i just finished putting my 1.02 mods into 1.1b1..

Alex.. do you plan on further developement.. (i mean in the NEAR future) for Links SQL.

Like once it gets to 1.2 (or whatever this version will be when released).. do you think it will again change in like one or two months.. [big changes i mean]

jerry
Quote Reply
Alex,

Yes, I also want to know how many beta version will get into the final 1.2 version. The problem is we might make some modifications for the script and I just don't want to make them all again if there is a new version released.

So If you can let us know how many beta version is coming, so that we can have a better planning. Thanks.

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
And of course, what kind of new features will include.

Because I have brought the SQL version for a real long time and I really don't have a clear picture of the new features that will be included.

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
Part of the reason that may be, Bear, is because Alex is doing this all alone. The biggest difference with Links SQL and Links 2 is that Links SQL is paid for. Therefore Alex has to satisfy his customers.. or he could always do it the way Microsoft does it and make them pay for upgrades! Smile

Because it is paid for, the user base is yet to grow. Until then, he can't satisfy you guys unless he makes a bunch of mods that he probably doesn't even know what the use is for. But we all have different wants and needs.

I'd help Alex do things, but I'm not quite confident in working with the code right now. I have to find time for school too.. [hehe.. for all you adult site owners out there.. THAT is why I don't respond to your mod requests.. haha]

anyways.. i've still got some HW to do.. business and math.. should be easy though.. we are learning about copyrights! Smile

jerry
Quote Reply
I'm not sure where this 1.2 came from (maybe I mistyped), but the next version is 1.1, and I expect at most one more beta. Hopefully tommorrow will be the last one though.

I don't see major revisions for a while, I'll be concentrating on the setup side of things, and on the editor.cgi -- both of which can be integrated without much hassle into future versions.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
This is just a friendly reminder brought to you by me, but you need to adjust your server clock. It says PST.. but it's like 1 hour and 10 minutes off.

jerry
Quote Reply
Alex, do you think that you will send out the beta today?
Quote Reply
Is it out yet? I still haven't gotten it if it is...
Quote Reply
Well, there are still a number of issues to fix, and our automated download system still isn't working yet, so I'm going to hold off another day or two before mailing everyone with instructions on how to download the next beta.

If anyone wants a copy now, just send me an email and I'll email you a copy (registered users only please).

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,

Was the change from %globals to %GLOBALS just for stylistic reasons?

That's a change that might affect people's routines, so it should be one listed as a change.