Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
New Fields
Hi there, had insert some more fields for the links section, added them to the link.html and to the addxx.html-templates.
I can add them now, see them after that, see the fields in the admin-tool, but there is no value inside. So Links get them when adding so far to show it at add-success.html, but seems it wont save them in my mysql. ???
Is there something i have forgotten to do?
Quote Reply
Re: New Fields In reply to
If you added the field to the Links table, make sure to also add it to the Validate table! I don't know if this is automatic yet.

Quote Reply
No this is not automatic, as quite often it's not needed (for admin only fields). The only change I made was to add a warning saying you might need to add it to the Validate table.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,

During a "modify" are records moved back to the validate table?

If so, then the validate table has to have all the fields of Links table plus the extra field or two it uses.

Quote Reply
The Validate table only needs data that the general user can enter, it does not need admin only fields. When a record is modified, the users changes are placed into the Validate table, then when it is approved, those fields are copied overtop the old values, but admin fields are not touched.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Ahhh.... I wondered how it was done. I hadn't looked too closely.

I'll edit this for the FAQ.... since I know I'm not the only one who wondered Smile