Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Needed: Full Listing builder

Quote Reply
Needed: Full Listing builder
Help!

Under Links 2.0, I had the "build full links page" mod which I could run seperately. That was cool, because the category was listed in the Links.db table.

Now I have Links SQL (hallelujah!) but I need a quick, down and dirty mod to read the SQL Category and Links tables and builds a full listing, sorted by category, alphabetically.

I've gotten so far as to get PHP to read the SQL Links table and pull all the links, but I don't know how to pull the category name out of Category, compare it to the CategoryID from Links, then sort and display them by the category name..

HELP!! Please??? Smile

Wayne Hunt
Site Manager
Amiga.org
Quote Reply
Re: Needed: Full Listing builder In reply to
Guys,

Sorry for bringing this back up, but I sincerely need help here. I don't care if it's Perl, php, or even <shudder> VB, but I *NEED* a way to create a full listing of the links under Links SQL.

Please?

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org
Quote Reply
Ah...

I avoided this because of the dreaded PHP....

Can you wait until the next version of links comes out? I was hoping Alex would have it by this Friday, he still may post something today, but he's close to releasing it.

The reason is that such a listing builder will not work the same for the 1.11 release and the new one. I'm pretty sure of that.

As long as it's perl... <G>

I still can't get myself to code the program into the HTML that resides in the server tree. PHP has a ways to go yet, IMHO for more than just SQL data access.

Quote Reply
I have done a mod to show the last 5 links at home; this should no problem to show them anywhere else and sort them by abc than date. In the next days i will do this; leave a message to emmerich@adeva.de to remember me and i will sent you the mod.
Robert