Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Multiple Category Selection

Quote Reply
Multiple Category Selection
Hey

Is it possible for the person adding a link to select multiple categorys, so I don't have to do it, but still approve his listing?

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Multiple Category Selection In reply to
i found out yes.. Smile

i found out that CGI.pm makes form fields with more than one value an array..

so pretty much you'd have to figure out a way to mod add.cgi so that it uses @{$in->param('CategoryID')} no matter what.. and doing a for or a foreach and then add them one by one.. the first one going with the first category to the Links database..

the rest to CategoryAlternates with only
CategoryID => ${$in->param('CategoryID')}[$i] LinkID => $id

jerry
Quote Reply
I am slightly confused, I don't know cgi/perl/sql at all, you can have a look at what I have done @ www.nobags.com/pages

Alex
Quote Reply
Do you want us to be scholars, giving tips than a solution ?
I need this mod too, way 1 is to find it here with in the community, way2 is to let it program from our perlguru next door, paying it and think about: give it to all others or make a funny word, how it could be done.
Robert

Quote Reply
Again, this is not a put off, but it might change after the next release, and let's wait. There promise to be a lot of changes with categories.

This is a really major mod to Links 1.11, in that you have to bypass and change some logic to how a link is added. It's not just adding a line or making a little change.

But, it's also something people have asked for, and I know I would like to have it in my area, where a person submitting a credit card, or a certain category of links, can add extra topics.