Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

More bugs and quirks for page.cgi, etc

Quote Reply
More bugs and quirks for page.cgi, etc
page.cgi doesn't seem to generate the detailed pages. Also, it looks like I'm having the same problems in detailed.html as I am with link and subcategory and the tags.

I'm going to re-install the scripts just in case something funny happened.... But the tags are not there in both static and page.cgi

in new.html -- when you have the menu bar dimmed for the category you are in, it doesn't work for new.html, since with the page-per-day option on, the menu item is dimmed, and you can't get back to the new index page. In dual-function templates like this, can there be a tag to allow a test to differentiate between the index and detail pages?

Quote Reply
Re: More bugs and quirks for page.cgi, etc In reply to
page.cgi should generate detailed pages. You need to make sure that in your link.html template you do:

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.html">Detailed!</a>

and not just:

<a href="/Detailed/<%ID%>.html">Detailed</a>

As when page.cgi parses the template, it only fixes up links it recognizes, and it won't recognize the link unless it's a full path.

I'll look into the other problems..

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: More bugs and quirks for page.cgi, etc In reply to
I'll check the path. I do have some hard coded paths in some places trying to bypass quirks in previous releases... but I'm trying to move everything that is a tag, to a tag, to prevent hard-coded errors.

I'll try to zip the database to you as well, about the days_old bug. The first one seems to be calculated wrong by page.cgi, and they don't show up in the detail pages. (I made changes to the DigitalPostcards site, trying to carry the "new" tags all the way through into the detail pages.