Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Links SQL and Oracle

Quote Reply
Links SQL and Oracle
I would like to get Links SQL to use it with oracle 8i. Did links SQL is compatible with oracle? Did I have to make mayor changes? Did someone have tested yet with 8i?

tnks
fernandot
Quote Reply
Re: Links SQL and Oracle In reply to
are you serious ?? are we talking of do it for free Wink or it would have an aditional cost?? =)

because i have a oracle 8i database runing on my server...

and im very interested in have links with a oracle database

Oracle people told me that i can use the OAS (Oracle Aplication Server with a perl catridge) did you know something about?? or is best to use the DBD::Oracle ?

Tnks
fernandot
Quote Reply

Quote:
because i have a oracle 8i database runing on my server...

Hey... I think Alex is like most programmers --- you offer him access to a system, new software and some cool stuff, and he'll play with it!! Getting access to a working Oracle server counts Wink

Quote Reply
To paraphrase a popular line:

go ask Alex......

Smile
Quote Reply
It should be fairly easy to get to work with Oracle. If someone can provide me with a working Oracle, DBD::Oracle module installed and working, and an empty database + oracle user/password to work with, I'd be happy to create a port.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi Fernadot,

If you purchase a copy of the program and have your database set up with:

Perl module DBI installed
Perl module DBD::Oracle installed
a Links database created in Oracle
a working username/password that has access to the links database
shell access

we'll install the program and create an Oracle.pm that will have any Oracle specific changes to get it to work. No extra cost to get it to work with Oracle as it benefits everybody. And obviously if we don't get it to work we won't charge you. =)

Since we don't have Oracle installed anywhere, it would be difficult to do otherwise.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex...

Would like a lot to also use Oracle, for being faster...
Can I install an Apache server in Linux with Oracle 8i if you want to use to test and my base of data to migrate? I have about 250.000 links in MySQL.

--= - = - = - = -

Would also like to know if I won't lose anything of my database.

By Jānio
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://janio.brlink.com.br
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Quote Reply
Alex:

Its all set up we already buy the links sql and set up all the oracle acounts so you can have access to the db, so you can have all you need, please let us know whats next, when can we start??

tnks
fernandot
Quote Reply
Hi Alex!

Does LinkSQL really work with Oracle?
Do one work how I do for you use it in my database Oracle?
Quote Reply
Probably there is a way. Among the features of Oracle8i database ( www.oracle.com ) we can see SQL*Plus, Oracle PL/SQL...

I think Oracle8i can be downloaded to try (they require a free registration).
Quote Reply
Hi Alex!

Please find out if you are working on top of a port for ORACLE, because it would like a lot to use LINKSQK in a database ORACLE.

Hugs...

Smile
Jānio