Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Links SQL Hacks....

Quote Reply
Links SQL Hacks....
Hey,

Over the last few days I have been looking at Links SQL trying to figure out how it works - and found that dbsql.pm will make making hacks for the program easier...

Anyway - Right now I have going to add the few features that I have in mind to Links SQL - but before I do I just want to know what files Review.cgi is going to effect.

Right now review.cgi is important to what my site will be like, and don't want to mess with any files that will be effected by this. Anyway, if Jerry, or people who he has shown review.cgi to knows which original files are altered can you please tell me? Smile - Thanks!

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost, or find a new one at http://www.webhostarea.com

Quote Reply
Re: Links SQL Hacks.... In reply to
Hang on... just testing what my new signature looks like... The post before this one is more interesting Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
review.cgi affects ummm..... like 2 files.. adds quite a few though..

i am not quite sure of what to do for the database though.. i want to keep rate.cgi.. but then review.cgi will have to write to the rate database as well but the data happens to be stored in the review databse for each individual record also.. anyways.. i am trying to figure out the best way to do it..

------------------
Jerry Su
Links SQL User
------------------
Quote Reply
Jerry...

I'm willing (read: DESPERATE) to try Review CGI Smile

<HINT!!>

Michael --- I've long been posting my enthusiasm for DBSQL.pm

Glad to see someone else has found out what a joy it makes programming in SQL and modding Links!

Please keep sharing anything you find, and be assured Alex knows how awesome DBSQL.pm is, and is always working to improve it -- and promises the interface will not change !!!

I'm keeping an index of help, tricks, tips, etc in the FAQ, (it's a links database, and can be better indexed than UltimateBBS) .. so post your tips and findings in separate threads, and I'll make sure to keep them indexed.

BTW... this forum is mising indexes for about Jan 14-20th..... No messages turn up on searches between those dates.... Links doesn't have that problem :P)

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply

Quote:
BTW... this forum is mising indexes for about Jan 14-20th..... No messages turn up on searches between those dates.... Links doesn't have that problem :P)

Actually that's my fault. I had to rewrite the search as UBB could not handle the volume of messages, and my indexer tends to miss posts sometimes forcing me to re-index everything every now and then. I'll do a re-index today and look at fixing that up.

Cheers,

Alex