Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Links SQL 1.1b3

Quote Reply
Links SQL 1.1b3
ok.. i'm sure i'll run into something.. so i'll start from the beginning.. right now i'll start by installing Smile

configuring Links.pm.. done (1 m)
fixing all perl paths.. done (5 s.. ah handy homesite)
uploading files.. done (1 m)
(setup.cgi).. dropping.. creating.. done (1 m)
====================
note: alex.. check nph-build.cgi for $HEIARCH.. i think you said you were fixing the spellings

also.. alex.. are you still not using substring in search.cgi?
====================
addding a few categories and a few links.. (cool.. attachments (possible MULTIPLE alex?) Smile)

====================
note to all: make a Uploads folder in your root homepage dir.. (chmod 777)
====================

adding new field to Links table.. good..

====================
note: alex.. do you think you will edit editor.cgi so it will be more handy for Select fields, Checkboxes, Radios..

perhaps you can make it multiple steps and make a select field with the selections of text, textarea, select field, checkboxes, radio, (perhaps some others).. then based on that it will go to a page based one the type of input they chose.. and then for select, radio and checkboxes it will have a textarea.. they fill it in with the selections.. and then it uses a split /\n/ to get the selections..

then of course the radio and select would have it in validation as well as %db_(__)fields.. checkboxes i don't know if you can validate Smile

..just a thought
====================

anyways.. everything is working.. if there is a problem.. i will probably find it when i am modding my 1.1b2 mods into 1.1b3..

jerry
Quote Reply
Re: Links SQL 1.1b3 In reply to
I'm still having the problem with importing the categories/links -- I get a whole bunch of categories 'not found' and all the links set to category '0'

This appeared first in the last release 1.1b2 and is still in this one. Previously, everything imported just fine.

Quote Reply
the cookies that are set by user.cgi don't seem to be retrievable by page.cgi or a script i made.. (they are all in the same directory so i have no clue whats wrong)

i'll look into it though..

jerry
Quote Reply
i fixed my problem by changing

Code:
my $cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 's', -value => $session, -expire => '+3h' );

to

Code:
my $cookie = $in->cookie (
-name => 's',
-value => $session,
-expire => '+3h',
-path => '/',
-domain => '.pdamania.com'
);

in user.cgi..

i think it has to do with the domain.. you can probably try and take away the path.. but if you need it.. change it to the path that page.cgi is in.. so if it's in like

http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/

put

/cgi-bin/

jerry
Quote Reply

Quote:
note: alex.. check nph-build.cgi for $HEIARCH.. i think you said you were fixing the spellings

Man, CategoryTree is sounding better and better. Wink

Quote:
also.. alex.. are you still not using substring in search.cgi?

No, substring should be working in searches. The online demo is still using the old beta though.

Quote:
(cool.. attachments (possible MULTIPLE alex?) )

Yes, you can have multiple attachments. If you modify a record, you'll see you can either delete the existing attachment or add another one. You can't upload two at once though.

Quote:
note: alex.. do you think you will edit editor.cgi so it will be more handy for Select fields, Checkboxes, Radios

Eventually, yes. =)

Quote:
I'm still having the problem with importing the categories/links -- I get a whole bunch of categories 'not found' and all the links set to category '0'

Pugdog, can you provide me with telnet access so I can see this, I can't see anything obviously wrong.

Quote:
the cookies that are set by user.cgi don't seem to be retrievable by page.cgi or a script i made.. (they are all in the same directory so i have no clue whats wrong)

Strange, do you use two domains? i.e. when the cookie is set you are using http://pdamania.com but at page.cgi it's on http://www.pdamania.com? The default should be the current domain.

Try printing out the headers before the cookie is printed and see what the Set-Cookie statement says?

Cheers,

Alex