Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Links SQL - Not so basic help.

Quote Reply
Links SQL - Not so basic help.
K - I am very bad at programming with Links SQL at the moment, I don't know whats where yet Smile

I need some advice here... For the hosting dir for each package, for space for example on the add.cgi page I would place a field called 'exactspace' which maybe 50MB, and then in the admin validation area I had a field called 'spacerange' which might be 30-60MB , and '61-100MB' etc, I did this so that on the search you could pick a range and still get good results, and on the details you could see specific specs...

Anyway, is there a better way to do this? I have no code in my head at the moment to automatically place them into a range. Also, how do I make it so that in the admin add a thing area there is a pulldown menu, which I will use for 'spacerange' and 'transferrange' and 'cgi'(yes/no) and things like that.

I hope you guys know the answers, its xmas here so I don't really have time to study the code or the FAQ at the moment, but will do soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Links SQL - Not so basic help. In reply to
This would require some back end code. Before "validating" the input, you'd want to check the "exact space" parameter, and using a series of if's or a case you set the range to match the "exact space" parameter.

The other way you could probably do it, is put some JavScript code into the page to set the range based on the exact space value.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/