Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Killing duplicates takes AGES

Quote Reply
Killing duplicates takes AGES
OK, I've got my "Check Duplicate Links" function working now thanks to pugdog.

It concerns me how long it's going to take for me to go through all the Duplicate links that are listed, 10 entries at a time. Just say I don't kill any in the first 10 listed links this means that every time I kill some I have to skip past that first page again.

Does anyone have any advice or maybe even a mod that will display the whole frikkin lot in one go? Will this break the form if I select too many?

Thanks in advance

Quote Reply
Re: Killing duplicates takes AGES In reply to
Windows has a resource limit (even though they claim they don't) and the browsers -- netscape and/or MSIE impose an additional one. Each "control" on the form is another windows resource. So, about 20-25 links-records starts pushing the limits of what windows can handle and probably about 100 duplicate links (since they are tables, not controls, for the most part).

My system becomes unstable if I try to do too much editing of links (validating, etc) when I have the # of records set to 20 or higher). Not at first, but after about 15-20 minutes of hard editing.

You can adjust the limit in the duplicate check, but you're going to have to go looking for it. I changed the display limits for the 'status' command to 100, but it took awhile to find where that was actually set - and not overridden.