Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Import errors

Quote Reply
Import errors
Hello Alex!

Following is the error that I have always:

Software error:

Fatal Error: Invalid argument type '' passed to array_to_hash at Links/DB_Utils.pm line 224

I cannot see any such comma in the data!

Dunno whats wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Import errors In reply to
What version are you working on?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hello!

It says :

# Version: 1.1b1

However I tried to use other scripts from 1.1b2/3

I made sure that this isnt a version problem.

The problem is the content in my data that DB_Utils.pm makes a crash.

May be there is something like `& or things like this that results into the crash. Trying out further many times, it resulted into similar such crashes.

Quote Reply
Alex...

I just tried to update the Links table through the table editor with the 1.1b3 version of dbsql.pm and got a problem with "initialize error in dbsql.pm module" error.

I don't know if that's related, or just something I did, but there are so many versions floating around, it's hard to tell.
Quote Reply
Hello!

Strange!!!

I have been able to get rid of this errors. I did find and replace of some extended characters and later on this error disappeared. I knew, I knew, that its in the data and that was it. This also means that the extended characters has the possibility to crash the DBSQL & DB_Utils.pm!!! However when one has thousands of records, it becomes difficult to identify something like this. I remember Bobsie once had problem that someone tried to currupt his database a year ago, if
I am not mistaken.

It is certainly a very important point I think. Security issue. Ofcourse, everything goes through manual check in data input so it cannot be to disastrous, but the form could be the trigger, you know Alex what I mean?
Quote Reply

Quote:
problem with "initialize error in dbsql.pm module" error.

This is a known problem with 1.1b3. It's been fixed (just a spelling mistake).

Rajani, was the error you mentioned in Import.pl or when using editor.cgi? Can you provide me with a URL where I can download the data you tried to import so I can see what's going on?

Cheers,

Alex

Quote Reply
Hello Alex!

Using editor.cgi many times now to identify import crash problems that I have had, I am not able to say how the hell it came about or what and where it got changed.

Unfortunaley, I do not have any backup of the old data. Access did not change the half apostophe alone but needed a space after. Somehow with Ultra-edit it worked. The only thing what I did was find and replace

' to "

And later I imported and it worked. Thats the only change. Now that you wanted to see my data, which I do not have anymore, I got curious myself and have tried several ways and possibilities to simply play around.

I have no success! I should have kept the data copy for this but it did not strike me at all. Too bad. Sorry.