Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Help me with this error

Quote Reply
Help me with this error
Well.. I'm not that good with SQL.. please help me with this error. I'm using MySQL for win32 and I want to import my existing database with Links2.0 to LinksSQL.

The error
Quote:
Error importing data: [Tue Dec 14 15:34:06 1999] editor.cgi: DBSQL (-640047): Fatal Error: Unable to execute query: [Tue Dec 14 15:34:06 1999] editor.cgi: LOAD DATA INFILE 'links.txt' [Tue Dec 14 15:34:06 1999] editor.cgi: INTO TABLE Links [Tue Dec 14 15:34:06 1999] editor.cgi: FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' [Tue Dec 14 15:34:06 1999] editor.cgi: . Reason: No such file or directory at c:/webshare/wwwroot/agsql//cgi-bin/admin/editor.cgi line 317

thanks

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with this error In reply to
Hello!

Do you really have the following

agsql//cgi-bin

agsql/ as the directory name or agsql ?

That comes from Links.pm. You may not have trailing slash at the und or a URL.

I have had this error. I do not remember anymore what I did. But this would be one point to start.

Second would be the file name. Does it match "EXACATLY" what it requires? I mean links.txt?

It may not be able to locate the links.txt path location correct from the editor.cgi, which is the most likely the case. You need to enter the relative path of the links.txt to point where it is, for e.g.

If I correct it and have

c:/webshare/wwwroot/agsql/cgi-bin/admin/editor.cgi

and if you make a directory called c:/webshare/wwwroot/agsql/cgi-bin/admin/import-export

then enter this in editor.cgi in the file name as the following:

import-export/links.txt

and this MUST work Smile (This is how I did)

The bad part of Links SQL is that such variables "MUST be defined from the Links.pm configurations, regarding to which is the directory that edirtor.cgi will pick-up and then not many will have problems. This definitions are unfortunately not there and may come up in the making of Links SQL.

[This message has been edited by rajani (edited December 14, 1999).]