Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Help - Reporting Bad Link Mod

Quote Reply
Help - Reporting Bad Link Mod
I keep getting this error message when trying to "Build All" after making the modifications for Reporting Bad Link Mod in the appropriate files:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
[Sat Nov 25 11:32:08 2000] HTML_Templates.pm: Compilation failed in require at nph-build.cgi line 34. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at nph-build.cgi line 34.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@ohiobiz.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I checked the permissions and they seemed appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

Mark G.

Quote Reply
Re: Help - Reporting Bad Link Mod In reply to
Well the error is coming from line 34 of your HTML_TEMPLATES.pm file which should be:

@ISA = qw(Exporter);

This usually means that there are subs in HTML_Templates.pm that haven't been included in the next line down:

@EXPORT = qw/&site_html_link ... %USERS %GLOBALS/;

What were the subs you added to Templates.pm for the Bad Link Mod? Look at the subs you added and make sure they're exported so they can be used. In other words add them somewhere within the 7-8 lines of @EXPORT assignments.

This hasn't got anything to do with permissions of that I am 99.999% positive.

Quote Reply
What I added are:

&site_html_badlink_form &site_html_badlink_success

&site_html_badlink_failure

These were the instructions listed in the mod (Resources Section).

Mark G.

Quote Reply
>>> [Sat Nov 25 11:32:08 2000] HTML_Templates.pm: Compilation failed in require at nph-build.cgi line 34.

Correction: The error is coming from line 34 of nph-build which is the use HTML_Templates.pm file.

The error is in HTML_templates.pm.

Check your error log for the problem with the file. This sort of error is usually a missing ; or mis matched (){}, or even an undefined 'my' variable.

First thing to do is _ALWAYS_ check your error logs!

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ