Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Have someone thought about comments?

Quote Reply
Have someone thought about comments?
As i see at cgi-ressources, there is a way to comment the entrees and vote for them. Have anyone thought about such a mod?

Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited December 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Have someone thought about comments? In reply to
You mean a review of each resource?

Widgetz has a mod called review.cgi v2 coming out soon....

I used his last review.cgi add-on on my current Links 2.0 directory and it works great. It blocks multiple voters by IP address to cut down the bogus voting. It also has some cool grading scales.

Widgetz has been saying that it should be available soon...that's is when he gets time.....so

------------------
James L. Murray
VirtueTech, Inc.
www.virtuetech.com

Quote Reply
I dont know if that mod is what im asking for; i imagine there´s a rate-button as now, and a second to see, who had rated and what he/her has written.

Do you have an url, where i can see this mod?

Rob

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited December 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Hi Robert,

Widgetz has published the latest review.cgi (also written in Resources/Links2/Modifications) at this URL:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/jump.cgi?ID=563

I agree to Ground Zero: It's a very cool mode and I hope Widgetz will publish the new version for LinksSQL as soon as possible (but I know, quality needs time...)

Greetings,

DMK
Quote Reply
quality needs time? haha!

no.. i need sleep :-)

anyways.. i have been changing the database around a bit.. i don't want to eliminate alex's rate.cgi this time.. so i plan on sorta mixing rate.cgi into review.cgi for "registered" users and the unregistered users can only rate.. then the databases will work sorta the same..

reviews will have 2 databases for itself.. one validate and one the main one and it will incorporate rates into Build_Update.. (and possibily number of reviews also)

jerry
Quote Reply
When are you going to let us see this? Smile

You know some of the things I need to do with my site, and I'd like to see how much of it this will do Smile
Quote Reply
i let you guys see the output on version 1.02

Smile

anyways.. i'm still playing with Links 1.1 and figuring out what other features I might want to do..

there is a chance i might redo the whole image graph sub again.. it's the messiest piece of code i've ever seen.. but i can't do anything about it.. cause all it is is a bunch of x y measurements..

jerry
Quote Reply
May you do this mod with a function to left the rating, but with doing reviews, too please.
For some stuff the ranking makes no sense, but a review is needed.