Got quiet....
Are we all holding our breath for Alex's big announcement?? Smile
Quote Reply
Re: Got quiet.... In reply to
I am Smile
Quote Reply
i don't know if i will upgrade..

if i need anything that is new.. i'll add it in myself.. hopefully the codes are not like full rewrites..

------------------
Jerry Su
url pdamania.com
email email@jerrysu.com
------------------
Quote Reply
I think the upgrade will be worth it. There will be improvements in DBSQL.pm and in SEARCH, i'm sure at the very least. Also the user features are bound to be much improved.

Quote Reply
I'm used the FAQs listed for importing links from a delimited text file via the import text box on the admin screen of LinkSQL.

Unfortunately, they didn't provide a solution.

Can someone point me to a resource besides the FAQs on imports in the POSTCARDS.COM area?

Importing is most likely one of the first things a user of LinkSQL is likely to want to do, so it would probably be a great time saver all around if there was a resource.

Perhaps I am not looking in the right places, but any and all suggestions are much appreciated and anticipated.

Regards,
Quote Reply
The solutions work for most people, as long as you read all the information. Unfortunately, it all has not been gathered into one file because there _are_ so many different applications.

Look for both the 'import' and 'load' keywords in searches. Some times you need to use the "load from" directly rather than going through the Import.

The single most useful tool in all this is the MSQL MYSQL book from Oreilly. It has all the available commands, and how to use them. It can help you solve any problem you are likely to get into trying to get data in and out of the database, and well as making changes. Also using something more full featured like PhpMyAdmin to make the changes can help. The SQL Monitor is fairly limited. (This will most likely be expanded in the next release).

Quote Reply
I have the MySQL MSQL book and the MySQL book - and I think that the one dedicated to just MySQL is a lot better... Just my thoughts though Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
I haven't seen just a MySQL book... I check the bookstores regularly -- 3 Borders and 2 B&N. Who publishes it?

I just got the book on PERL DBI and it's very dry, but has all the answers!
Quote Reply
Its published by New Riders. Author: Paul DuBois. I bought it at Amazon...

Cheers!

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------