Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Fast CGI vs Mod_Perl.

Quote Reply
Fast CGI vs Mod_Perl.
Hi,

I am having some problems finding comparisons between FastCGI and Mod_Perl. I was discussing this with someone trying to figure which was better. I told him Mod_Perl was - but we are unsure.

Is Mod_Perl better then FastCGI and do you have to program using strict to use FastCGI? Thanks! Any insight on this would be useful, as I can't find useful info anywhere else.

Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: Fast CGI vs Mod_Perl. In reply to
It really depends on what you want to use it for. One large advantadge to mod_perl is it provides access to the Apache API. So you can hook into any stage of the Apache request.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Fast CGI vs Mod_Perl. In reply to
FastCgi is more fast, on the mod_perl when the cgi is terminated is like dead an when you call other time the same scrip must make all the work again, becose dont use the cache memory.
On the FastCgi, the frist time is runig, this scrip is all the time on the memori and use the cache of the apache,
and whait for more, more, more, work

Quote Reply
How to install Linqs SQL in Fast CGI mode? In reply to
In there a file giving the instructions to install Links SQL in Fast CGI mode?
Presently, Fast CGI mode is the only choice I have. w3threads is fast enough for my needs now, but if I can improve the performance in Fast CGI mode, I'd like to give it a try.