Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
FAQ
I think I got the FAQ updated from the past few days. If I missed anything, or anyone wants something added, please let me know. I have not had time to start editing out a "real" FAQ, right now this is a links database to hints, threads and other stuff. I hope to condense the most important and relavant stuff into a single area, in Q&A format, in the next few weeks. Please send suggestions, questions and answers. ANything you found confusing or wish there was a simple answer to when you were starting out.

Thanks.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
Re: FAQ In reply to
The FAQ is getting a fair bit of traffic now, and while I do have the ratings turned on, it won't be too useful until Widgetz mod is out.

Until then, if you rate a link 8 or higher, thanks, if you rate it lower than that, especially in the below 5 range could you please send me an email and tell me why? What were you hoping to find or what could be changed or added?? Good ratings help people by bubbling the better links to the top, but bad ratings don't help at all unless we know why.

Actually, a bad rating -- of 1 will actually put a link above much better unrated links...
in those cases NOT rating a link is better than rating it... since we may be able to correct the problem (either by changing the description or adding information) and then you can rate it fairly. This is supposed to be a HELPFUL thing, not a popularity contest of any sort.

Truly bad links may need to be removed... but I don't see why there would be any unless they were just flat out wrong, or no longer of any use. (Even references to old versions may have code insights that are still valid, and may just need to have the description changed).

Thanks!

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited December 15, 1999).]