Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Error Problem with installing the script

Quote Reply
Error Problem with installing the script
Hi,

I have used links 2.0 for quite a while and I love the script. Now I am about to install links sql - which I bought, I did not ask anyone to send it to me :-) - anyway I get an error message with every .cgi and I donīt know what to do. I never used the use command before and maybe there lies the mistake because the script canīt find the links.pm and it does not help to push (@INC) to the folder. Thank you for any hint. There is the error code:

Software error:

[Mon May 8 22:03:52 2000] Links.pm: Can't locate Links.pm in @INC (@INC contains: admin C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at
e:\www\tierarzt\cgi-bin\master\add.cgi line 33. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at e:\www\yourfolder\cgi-bin\master\add.cgi
line 33.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Cheers

Niko
Quote Reply
Re: Error Problem with installing the script In reply to
Looks like you are running on Windows. I have no experience with that implementation of perl, but sometimes it helps to put the full path to the "admin" directory at the top of all the use statements.

use lib 'x:/full/path/to/admin';

That often solves these problems. The scripts expect to be set up in the default configuration. The user scripts one level above the 'admin' directory, and the Links and def directories inside the 'admin' directory with the Links.pm file in the 'admin' directory.

If you change the relative locations, or any of the names, you have to do some editing of the default path structure.

------------------
POSTCARDS.COM -- Everything Postcards on the Internet www.postcards.com
LinkSQL FAQ: www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
Yes I am using it under windows, but I want to use it under unix. The only reason why I try to run it under windows is, that I cannot run it under unix, because it does not work and I get nice error messages under windows but not under perl, so I tried to find the mistake there. Iīll try ure hint, thanks a lot.

Niko
Quote Reply
Sorry, that is completely junk what I wrote, but I think you know what I mean, it has been a long day for me and it is not finished yet.

Niko
Quote Reply
Wow, this was a good one. At least that was the problem under NT. It still does not run under unix, but I keep working on it. Learning by doing, trial and error, thank you very much for the hint.

Niko
Quote Reply
With Unix, make sure you transfer the files as ASCII not as binary. Also, don't forget to chmod 755 all the .cgi programs, and to chmod 777 the backup and defs directory, then chmod 777 all the files in the defs directory. IF you copy any files to the backup directory, you'll have to chmod 777 all those files as well. If you just make the directory empty, don't worry about the files, just make sure it's set to 777.