Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Editor.cgi & Date Problems!

Quote Reply
Editor.cgi & Date Problems!
Hello!

I tried to import links.db into MySQL database that were backed up. No problems.

But when I tried to import the Links.db that had names of their respective category then it would not work. So I need to use Import.pl. But that would also not work.

My Suggestion :

In the editor.cgi, simply if there is a click box where one can check it the category is in the form of names or their IDs!

Secondly if there is a date checking routine that confirms the format and does the needful conversion, that would be ideal as all the import export spreadsheet programs have all different situations. So if the routine checks if the four digits are in the begining or at the end, that would be great. This will help to co-ordinate the daily working of back-ups, validation off line, exports etc.

Thanks

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
Re: Editor.cgi & Date Problems! In reply to
If you are trying to import Links 2 data, you should use Import.pl, and not the editor.cgi script. The Import.pl does a lot of things to fix up the data like change the date format, get the category id instead of category name, etc.

Quote:
Secondly if there is a date checking routine that confirms the format and does the needful conversion, that would be ideal as all the import export spreadsheet programs have all different situations. So if the routine checks if the four digits are in the begining or at the end, that would be great. This will help to co-ordinate the daily working of back-ups, validation off line, exports etc.

It's difficult as there are so many different formats, and mysql only understands YYYY-MM-DD. I'll look at adding some sort of date check in though.

Cheers,

Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Editor.cgi & Date Problems! In reply to
Hello Alex!

I did post earlier problems with the database import from access but you did not answer.

www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum9/HTML/000149.html

It is not the database of Access problem. The Import.pl does not take the DateTime format but only MySQL Date format in Long date format.

How do I solw this?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
rajani

[This message has been edited by rajani (edited October 12, 1999).]