Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Duplicate Listigns On Categories

Quote Reply
Duplicate Listigns On Categories
Hello Alex and others. After finnally getting my links re-indexed and now rebuild through telnet, I have found yet another major problem.

Every category seems to have each link twice in a row. Now I have no clue what is causing this and it does nto happen with search, just category listings. Take a look at http://www.studentresources.net/...es_and_Universities/ and let me know your ideas (version 1.1b2)

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
www.infinityinternet.com
Quote Reply
Re: Duplicate Listigns On Categories In reply to
In older betas and in the stable version, when you do an import it appends data. So you could well end up with two of each link. What you should do is erase all the links, and then import the information again.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
OOOH.. Sould slike loads of fun to me. How do you suggest I best clear the data?
Quote Reply
Clearing is easy. From the SQL monitor type:

DELETE FROM Links

and they will all disappear. Then you just need to re-run the import on the links and you should be ok.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Oh, that's it. Simple as that, 100,000 links shouldnt take too long to import, reindex, and rebuild. Of course not Smile
Quote Reply
Hello Ted!

I have had similar situations. Thereafter what I did was simply added an index to make sure that things like this will never happen.

INDEX UNIQUE

I have done this with the help of phpMyAdmin and one can find it from
www.phpwizard.net

When adding UNIQUE, a column needs to be defined properly the NULL factor and the script tells what is required.

Also SQL Monitor is excellent for this purpose. However some of the functions can also be found in the phpMyAdmin scripts like Empty, Drop, Search, etc and I use them very often. There are also couple of SQL Admin utilities found at MySQL.com/Contrib which I found also very interesting, never used though.