Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

DB_Utils.pm bug report : During imports

Quote Reply
DB_Utils.pm bug report : During imports
Hello Alex!

Due to some reason why I get this error at least three times today. Everything is and has been working fine. I have been importing and playing with the imports.

BUT..

few times it tells me something intellegent that only U can understand and explain.

The data has nothing special. The same data has been imported and it went in. The second time it did not.

One of the ONLY difference there has been is the following :

UNIQUE (Contact_Email),

During the import I did specify that it should delete the data from the table first.

Seens like that the INDEX UNIQUE deos not accept this routine. Am I right? Also for the delete from the data table, what criteria are selected, IDs? During the imports, I may have different Ids than already what would be in there. What would then happen, the ID number will be selected and be deleted?

Lots of problems with imports Man, this Validate of MySQL... PHOOOH!

Software error:

Fatal Error: Invalid argument type '' passed to array_to_hash at Links/DB_Utils.pm line 196

------------------
rajani

[This message has been edited by rajani (edited October 30, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: DB_Utils.pm bug report : During imports In reply to
Did you delete all the data from the Links_Index table also???
If not, thats probably your problem.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: DB_Utils.pm bug report : During imports In reply to
Hello!

Thanks for the hint. Index table cannot be a problem because what it is doing is nothing but storing the keywords for faster searching, I beleive.

But I in the mean time I found out what was the error. Alex has done very well job that it will atleast tell you what and where something is wrong. Thats atleast a good point to start with.

Looking at this line where it crashed, I saw the &get_category_id was not able to get the information. This was because I had changed row of Category_Alternates to (The damn dash took two hours to trouble shoot) CategoryAlternates, corrected in the table and the defs BUT did not get the idea to correct it in the editor.cgi where I needed to equate it to that field for it to understand that it should get a number.

It was not Alex who told me how to solve the problem but his built-in competent knowledge inside the script.

Alex, requesting you once again. More functionality in editor.cgi for the imports. My suggestion is that if there comes a import configuration menu, like edit table menu, where one can set options for DATE of DATETIME, etc with possible "not-imported.$table.date.txt" during imports that would help daily routine.

------------------
rajani