Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Customising The Look

Quote Reply
Customising The Look
Howdy,

I downloaded one of the templates from the resource section, and its now working fine, but there is one problem. I've altered the colours to my liking, and 99.9% is exactly what I want, except one thing. The main category area is white. I've manually changed this to black, and it worked, but whenever someone adds a new link, it goes back to its original colour (white). So I had a poke around in the links.css thinking it might be something in there, I changed ALOT of things, and still nothing.

It can be found at:

http://www.e-cauldron.com/pages

Its the main white area.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Spock

Quote Reply
Re: Customising The Look In reply to
Hi

look in the HTML_Templates.pm file and search for the sub site_html_print_cat. Ther is following code:

# Print Header.
$output = qq|<div class="margin"><table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="catlist" valign="top">\n|;

which is the start of the table for the category listing. Maybe someone changed the table background there.

or

look at subcategory.html if the background is set for each row.

regards, alexander

Quote Reply
Hey Alex404,

Thanks for the reply, problem is, I don't have any of those files. The closest files I have to them are:
site_html_templates.pl
category.pl

I had a look in site_html_templates.pl and the lines u gave me are not present in there.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Spock

Quote Reply
Hi,

are you shure you are talking about LinksSQL???

Quote Reply
Sounds like you are using Links 2.0...And you need to edit the HTML codes between the $output .= qq| and |;...Future questions about LINKS 2.0 should be posted in the appropriate Links 2.0 forums. Wink

Regards,