Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Corrupted table

Quote Reply
Corrupted table
One of my tables, build_update.ism, has become corrupted. I do not have telnet access only acceess to mysql monitor. Is there a way I can fix the table.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Corrupted table In reply to
Hi
I managed to get the drop table to work.
Then when i created the table i got this
The following error occurred:
14: Can't change size of file (Errcode: 28)

thanks

Quote Reply
Many ISP's are newer to MySQL than I am <G>

I'm not running that due to concerns on what it does, what problems I could get into, etc.
I know I probably should -- since there is a reason for it.

Without telnet/shell access, drop/create is the only way to fix things 'now'. Nightly maintennence is a good idea, but it's also system/resource intensive on lower powered and over-taxed networks.

In the last year the face of the Internet has changed. Additionally, so has the structure and foundation. Almost anyone can set up as an ISP now, with plug-n-play boxes, fast connections, and deregulation. There is no minimum technical qualification necessary to get things up and running.

Even mail -- I'm having more and more problems getting and sending mail to addresses, due to mis-configurations and other problems.

Offering MySQL is a major feat for many of them -- supporting an maintaining it is beyond them.

My point? A year ago you could make some assumptions about an ISP and their base configurations and knowledge. Now you can't. Hopefully the backbone will get stronger, and everyone else will be a leaf node, not a branch.

Quote Reply
The easiest way, and you will lose what's in build_update (but it's probably lost anyway) is to cut/paste the following code into the monitor box:

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Build_Update;
CREATE TABLE Build_Update (
LinkID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
Hits smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
Votes smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
Rating smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (LinkID)
);
Quote Reply
Hi Pugdog

I inserted the code in mysql monitor.
Came back with
The following error occurred:
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ';CREATE TABLE Build_Update ( LinkID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, H' at line 1

Thanks

Quote Reply
Oops, do them one at a time:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Build_Update;

then:

CREATE TABLE Build_Update ( LinkID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, Hits smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, Votes smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, Rating smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (LinkID));

By the way, it's probably not lost, running isamchk usually fixes these, and it should be part of your database monitoring/maintenance routines.

Cheers,

Alex

Quote Reply
Sounds like out of disk space or other system problems, going to have to talk to your ISP.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
The trouble is I reckon my ISP is the problem.

They do not seem to have installed mysql properly.
A request to create a table with the definitions should not be beyond a properly configured mysql installation.
I would like to change my ISP but do not know how to move/re-install links.

Thanks