Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Categories
Hello,
because of a problem in the Mysql database, our categories are still there, but not shown. So I want to delete all entries and import them again.
But in our version (1.0) of Links there is no option to delete the entries. How can I delete the old entries?
Is there a way to re-index the Category.db?
Thanks in advance
Wolfgang
Quote Reply
Re: Categories In reply to
Ouch! Why are you still using the 1.0 version?? Is it a language thing?

Before I say anything else, you might want to email Alex, since the 1.0 version is sort of old.

If the SQL Monitor was not a part of the 1.0 version, you need to issue these commands at the mysqladmin prompt (run MySQL interactively). I don't remember if that was added in the betas or not. The oldest version I'm running is 1.1b1

What you need to do is go to the SQL Monitor area, and DROP the categories table. Make sure you have a recent back up!

Then, open the SQL.mysql file, and cut out the code for the CREATE TABLE Categories

and paste that into the SQL monitor. That will rebuild the table.

Then, you want to LOAD INTO the new table, the old data.

If none of this makes any sense, the best thing to do is send an Email to Alex. If there is a reason you are running the 1.0 version, he'll know, and tell you how to make the fixes. If there's no reason to be running the 1.0 version, upgrading to the 1.11 version will make life a lot easier!

Quote Reply
Re: Categories In reply to
Hello,
Thank`s for the answer. we are waiting for Alex to upgrade to the latest version. But for the time beeing we want to keep the site running.
I have tried the commands used in the latest version - is installed on annother of our search-engines - via telnet like
editor.cgi
db=category
import-file=Categories.1
import-delim=|
import-delete=1
import=toc
but it is not working with this version.
Have you any idea?
Regards,
Wolfgang