Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Can somene shed some light on the situation?

Quote Reply
Can somene shed some light on the situation?
Hi and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! all the best to each and every one of you,

A couple of months ago I recieved these instructions on a problem I was having with a mod from Pugdog

"Ok, Can you point me to the mod, and tell me what file you are modifying?

The <%featured_r%> tag can only be used, if it is put into the $in->{featured_r} tag somewhere -- usually in the nph-build.cgi routine as mentioned above.

You need to do that before you pass the hashes to the &site_html_build_home (or whatever the subroutine in the HTML_Templates.pm file is called).

If you don't, the tag is not defined, and you get the "Unknown Tag" error.

To use the tag on the category pages, you'd have to do the same thing in the "build_category_page" subroutine"

this is refering to the featured links mod where i wanted to have the featured_r as an 'open' variable to be put in anypage as <%featured_r%> not only in the featured sites page.

Unfortuantely I am not as versed as pugdog maybe thought i was although i more than appriciate the assistance.

Again i am tackling the modification and asking if anyone could provide step by step instructions of how exactly to

"put into the $in->{featured_r} tag somewhere -- usually in the nph-build.cgi routine "

and "the hashes to the &site_html_build_home" or whatever it is called?!

Thanks in advance again! for the help!!

Regards

Gian Wilson