Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Beta 3 Install

Quote Reply
Beta 3 Install
Hi there, try to install the beta .3:
1. perl-path set, upload, set rights
2. change links.pm, upload
3. set with phpmyadmin a new database named at_links, then run the setup.cgi.

In the first version i have set in sql.pl:

$db->connect (['DBI:mysql:sdb:localhost', 'emmerich', 'pass']);

This time, with entrees and hidden fields the same, i think. But the error comes up:

Reason: Access denied for user: 'emmerich@localhost'

So why user: emmerich@localhost; this user is not set in sql.

May the wisdom with you and time to answer, too :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Beta 3 Install In reply to
Hi,

That's not a problem I found.... the case is good on that...

What you need to make sure is that the defs directory has file permissions '777'

I've found some problems with some servers -- like Apache if execute permissions are not granted to the directory for read/write access to the files. I'm sure there are explanations -- but if you are allowing read/write access to the files, there is no reason not to set the directory to '777'
Quote Reply
If you have set up a new user for that ID, then you need to tell MySQL to recognize it... you need to re-start the MySQL server. You can do that with a click from the PHPMyAdmin main menu page.

If that's not it, you need to make sure that once you add a user, you make sure that that user has rights to access that database. The two tables you need to check in the mysql database are user and db
Quote Reply
Thank you, after doing the db, it runs, now to the next upcoming questions, just in a minute ... :-)
Quote Reply
As i thought, 5 minutes later :-(

Problem: if the DIR defs is written 'defs' the setup.cgi wont run, is it to 'Defs' the setup runs but the admin-page couldnīt find.
So i could change it, in a couple of files, but i think it could be to do with the mySql-settings and ask bevor doing so. Robert
Quote Reply
I dont know, how, but it runs now. It was not a thing of the rights, for testing in intranet i always set everything to 777.
Thank so far (next probs are about to come soon, i feel it :-)

Robert