Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Bad Links Report - Mod

Quote Reply
Bad Links Report - Mod
Fine thing, i thought. After the whole day trying to get the files (server was down) i got it this night. Following the instructions so far, then first test.
---> Canīt find UserAgent.pm
Hmm, no problem, this comes with Links 2.0.
Uploaded it.
---> Canīt find Debug.pm
Didnīt come with Link 2.0; searching for it. Found 1 Milion .pms - ok, uploading.
Grrrrr; UserAgent didnīt found the HTTP/Request.pm. But what now, i can do this under the Dir LWP, so LWP/HTTP/Request.pm
But what is, when the Request.pm wants the UserAgent.pm - should i change all the pms so they search in the same DIR and trow them all into it?
What is with embedding them into perl?
Must i 'make' a new perl with all these and must use the .pms at the server, too. Can i work without 'making' perl new.
A lot of questions, hope someone use this mod and can help me on this.
Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited December 05, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Links Report - Mod In reply to
Have you tried the verifier built into Links SQL 1.1? It saves all the link checking into the database so you can view from the admin the history of individual links, and all 404's etc.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
For this function, too, i need it for users, not only for myself. After i have moded the bigbirdnose script for "mail to a friend" i used the same script for an "error report"-function. This one could not test the url for itself, but it helps holding the list clear with help of visitors.
By the way, Alex, you sell a script and write on the SQl-start-page, ...increasing speed ... 30%-80% ... with LWP; i think you should write somewhere, how to do this. Someone who know this, could everything else, too. But all the others like me, have no chance to do this without help.
Quote Reply
The web page will hopefully be updated today. With version 1.1, the link checker is significantly faster then LWP because it runs in parallel (and so far, is a lot more stable then LWP::ParallelUserAgent).

Cheers,

Alex