Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Automatic submission?

Quote Reply
Automatic submission?
As i read some days before some people told about thousands and thousands adds a day, cause using a submission-service. I use for myself Submitwolf, and have played a little with the different files inside to see whats in it and how the things run. So is it possible to send the programmers of these programs a cfg-file, so they could implement it? Have someone experience how to do this?
We plan the 1 Mio. Searchengine, with the 1 Mio. newest and best concept :-)))))
Ok, its more a small thing for some friends and me to collect interesting links. But it should be a good thing to get more interested people to this place....
Quote Reply
Re: Automatic submission? In reply to
Hello Robert!

With 1 Mill. Links I beleive one may not be able to handle the database with Links SQL, even though the claims are that it is meant for large directories. Here I am not talking about custom designs but "Basic and built-in limitations that are there NOW".

For submissions, they only need the form configured to work from their servers. Then the further steps will be the same like add.cgi? Or did I understand wrong?
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what you are asking....
Quote Reply
Submit Wolf and other auto submission tools just need to look at your add form to be able to auto-submit to it. However, if you want the best set of links, this is not the way to do it.

The quality of links you get from auto submission tools are _very_ poor. They are generally either adult related or multi-level/scam related.

Cheers,

Alex