Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Alternate Categories- Where Stored?

Quote Reply
Alternate Categories- Where Stored?
Alex (or who ever...)

Did a BUNCH of importing and exporting.... and some how, some (if not all) of the Links that have alternate Categories have the Alternate Category info doubled. I erased Links and Category before importing, but I guess there is another database that stores the Alternate Category Links.

What is the name of this Table? How is the info set up? Is there an easy SQL command that will delete any of the doubled up A/C? I guess I could export the Table, hand edit the doubles, and import it back in, right? If so, what is the name of the table?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Categories- Where Stored? In reply to
How about: CategoryAlternates
Quote Reply
Pugdog:

Thanks- that helped a lot. I exported the data, fixed it, ran a "delete from CategoryAlternates". Now I need to run your Load to get it back up...

Thanks for the help!

Dave
Quote Reply
Hi:

For what it is work, to those who have this problem in the future, here is the SQL command to re-load the CategotyAlternates data:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/Path/to/file/' REPLACE INTO TABLE CategoryAlternates FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'(CategoryID,LinkID)

Thanks to Pugdog for the LOAD command! Also, don't forget to use the right terminator, and to delete the original data!

Dave

[This message has been edited by carfac (edited January 15, 2000).]