Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

1.1b3 bug: user.cgi

Quote Reply
1.1b3 bug: user.cgi
ok.. this isn't big.. but it does matter.. i just noticed it when i was setting cookies with another script that i of course copy and pasted the cookie code from user.cgi into it.. and the cookie only lasted for a session.. it took me like 5 minutes of reading the activeperl tutorial on setting cookies when i realized it was cause -expires was mispelled Smile

alex..

Code:
-expire => '+3h',

to

Code:
-expires => '+3h',

hehe..
jerry
Quote Reply
Re: 1.1b3 bug: user.cgi In reply to
Hi Widgetz!

What kind of glasses do you wear? Or not?
Quote Reply
Widgetz:

There is another line:

-expire => '-1h'

Does that one also need to be changed?

Dave
Quote Reply
oh yes.. carfac.. forgot about that one.. although it would still work almost the same without it..

change it to

Code:
-expires => '-1h',

that is for the logout, correct? even if you don't put it there it will expire at the end of the session.. this is telling it to expire immediately.. so there is no difference.. cause the cookie has no value anyway..

rajani.. i have 20/20 [perfect] vision.. Wink but it probably got worse since the summer.. after all the computer use Smile

jerry

[This message has been edited by widgetz (edited November 26, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for the bug fix! By the way, what do you think, should the cookie expire when the browser closes or on a time limit? Any preferences?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
well.. this is what i am doing..

Code:
my $cookie = $in->cookie ( -name => 's', -value => $session );
my $cookie2 = $in->cookie ( -name => 'u', -value => $user, -expires => '+1y' );
print $in->header ( -cookie => [$cookie, $cookie2] );

so yea.. it expires when the browser closes.. i'm trying to make the login as much as email.com (heh) as i could.. the reason for the second cookie is so when they come the next day or some other time, the username will already be filled in.. hehe

Smile

jerry

[This message has been edited by widgetz (edited November 26, 1999).]