Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

[Q] Implementation of Editors

Quote Reply
[Q] Implementation of Editors
The next version of Links SQL will have section editors that can help manage a database. Right now, you will be able to add users and set it up so they can be responsible for one or more categories.

Once logged in, a section editor can add, delete, modify or validate links only within their category. They can also manage subcategories as well.

Any comments? =)

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: [Q] Implementation of Editors In reply to
Are the users added just to Links, or to Links and SQL?

Quote Reply
Alex,

Great! This will be very useful to us.

Sounds like this will only allow one editor per category. We will probably have more than one editor for some of our categories. I guess we can define a password for each cat and then distribute multiple username/passwds to editors. Will there be file locking, to prevent problems if two people attemp to edit the same record simultaneously?
Quote Reply
Dear Alex,

Is it good to allow us to set the editors status? For example, I can set whether a editors can delete links within their categories. If they delete links, the links are not actually delete, it will submit it to the central webmaster for consideration.

This is because how can I know whether the editors can be trusted or not? If he become and editor and delete all the links in that category, it will be real sad ;-(.

Is it possible to show the editors info under the bottom of their categories. Just to have a sence of rewarding for the editors.

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what you mean? There is a separate users table that is going to hold registered users. You can set the status on these users to Editor if you want them to be able to manage sections. Otherwise, this will be the base for the user review system.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Is it also possible to submitt everything to the central webmaster for final consideration? Lik, adding new links, modify or delete?

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
Alex

When will that version be ready?
I intend to acquire her, because it will go me to help a lot in my project...

B y J â n i o
B R A Z I L
Quote Reply
This feature would be very useful in
our situation. I'd love to let other
people manage part of the tree.

One question: Could the section editors run Build and part of the tree will be updated?

------------------
Jian Liu
Indiana University Libraries