Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

subscription

Quote Reply
subscription
It it possible to set up, linksql so that you run a rental site, where its free for the owner to post an ad. but the users have to be a paying member to view the contact information on the ads
Regards henrik
Quote Reply
Re: [henrik] subscription In reply to
Hi. As far as I know, that isn't possible normally. However, it would be possible to write a plugin to do this kind of thing. LinksSQL gives you access to some pretty cool Perl modules for payment validation :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] subscription In reply to
Thx for the quick replySmile

Do you know of anybody able of writing such plugin, do you have any idea of the difficultly level of writing such plugin and the assumed pricing
regards Henrik
Quote Reply
Re: [henrik] subscription In reply to
No problem :)

Quote:
Do you know of anybody able of writing such plugin, do you have any idea of the difficultly level of writing such plugin and the assumed pricing

I would say that I could do it... but I'm up to my neck with work at the moment :( (mmm....its a good thing though! Don't get me wrong).

It wouldn't be too hard to write... but it wouldn't be very simple either. The new payment modules built into LSQL now make it a LOT easier to do ... but its more the time setting it up, and testing it.

Have you tried contacting jack at gossamer-threads.com ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] subscription In reply to
Thx again for the quick reply
No i havnt yet contacted Jack, but i will do it soon
Regards Henrik