Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

linkssql with e-commerce and auction

Quote Reply
linkssql with e-commerce and auction
Hi,

I wonder if i can use linkssql for e-commerce and auction system (like ebay).

Basically u have the products in the database (linkssql). But what can i use if i also want to sell the products (sort of e-commerce system with credit card payments) in the database and i need a auction system where u sell some of the products.

I hope someone can point me on systems that where allready maked or point on systems to integrate with linkssql. Or maybe somebody can point me on other complete systems without linkssql.

Allready thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [startpoint] linkssql with e-commerce and auction In reply to
This is not an easy question.

If you are trying to run an auction, there are products out there specifically for that, including some open source/free ones.

You still need a credit card gateway, and such. That is obtained like a merchant account. You need to go through a company like Authorize.net (the gateway) and have a merchant account with a bank or on-line service. Not easy to set up from end to end.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] linkssql with e-commerce and auction In reply to
Hi Pugdog,

Well it's for a client who want to sell products and have a auction on some products. I know a few open source products which can do this but i haven't seen any integration of it. Integration as in using 1 database for the products.